Sept. 11-17, 2016
Libraries are dynamic centers for engagement that help everyone in your local community be their best. To shift perceptions, we need to demonstrate how the library is more relevant than ever before.
Let’s not just tell people how libraries have changed; let’s show them.
Outside the Lines is a weeklong celebration demonstrating the creativity and innovation happening in libraries. Whether your organization is large or small, a school library or a public library, you can participate by hosting at least one event or campaign that:
- Gets people thinking – and talking – about libraries in a different way.
- Showcases the library out in the community as well as in the library.
- Highlights how your library is relevant to people’s lives.
- Represents your local community.
- Is active versus passive – gets people engaged.
- Is extraordinary and unexpected.
- Most importantly, is fun!